Buy Codeine Online
Showing all 4 results
Basic points of Codeine
- Name: Codeine (generic drug)
- Type: Small molecular
- Accession number: DB00318 (APRD00120, DB09471)
- Onset of action: Immediate release formulation 0.5 to 1 hour.
- Time to peak: Immediate-release 1 hour
- Duration of action: 4 to 6 hours
- Half-life elimination: 3 hours (an estimated time in which the body eliminate the half of drug)
Codeine is an opioid pain medication, also known as a narcotic. This opioid is a prescription medication for the treatment of mild to moderately severe pain. Codeine is a generic drug and discovered in 1832 by Pierre Jean Robiquet. In the United States, Codeine is a schedule II-controlled drug substance. You may order Codeine online with the prescription of your doctor.
Uses of Codeine
Pain management is the primary goal of this medication. Codeine helps in enhancing the quality of life of an individual for increasing his abilities to engage him in day to day activities.
This drug is utilized as a central analgesic, antinociceptive, sedative-hypnotic, and antiperistaltic agent and in particular, disease with incessant coughing.
However, Codeine is the generic drug, and itself. It is the main ingredient of the drug. But there are few inactive ingredients in each tablet of Codeine. Parts are,
- Stearic acid
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Pregelatinized starch.
This generic drug is available in below-given strengths;
- 15 mg tablet: It is a white, biconvex tablet contains 15 mg of active codeine sulfate. It is a one-sided scored tablet and debossed with “15” on one side and “54 613” on another side.
- 30 mg tablet: This codeine dosage contains 30 mg of active Codeine Sulfate. It is a white, biconvex, and one side scored tablet. Indicating number “30” debossed on one side and identification number 54 613 on another side.
- 60 mg tablet: 60 mg dosage is a higher amount of drug containing 60 mg of active codeine sulfate. This dosage is a white, biconvex tablet scored on one side and debossed with “60” on one side and 54 412 on another side.
Usual adult dose for Pain
- Initial dose: 15 mg to 60 mg orally every 4 hours as needed
- Dosage adjustment: You may increase your daily dosage as per your doctor’s recommendation
- Maximum dosage: 360 mg for 24 hours
How to use Codeine?
- Codeine is available as a tablet, solution, and a capsule form which you can take by mouth. You should all instructions are written in your prescription label and follow them all very carefully. You may take this medication every 4 to 6 hours exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should not stop taking Codeine suddenly after a prolonged (more than 2 weeks) treatment. You may decrease your dosage gradually under the instructions of your doctor.
- When taking the drug through solution form, shake the solution well before each use to mix the medication evenly. You should not use a household spoon to measure the dosage; use the unique measuring tool that comes with the medicine.
Who should not use Codeine?
Patients with below-given conditions should not use this medication without taking a proper consultation of a doctor;
- Severe asthma or breathing problems
- Liver disease
- A blockage in stomach or intestin
- Abnormal curvature of the spine that affects breathing
- Hyperventilation or frequent asthma attacks.
- Kidney disease
- Brain tumor of head injury
- Low blood pressure
- Mental illness or drug or alcohol addiction/history.
Codeine is a schedule II-controlled substance, which means it is a highly addictive and habit-forming drug. Miscuing this medication or using more than a prescription can cause side effects. In some cases, its inactive ingredients can be active and cause side effects.
Take urgent medical consultaion if you have any of the below-given symptoms while using this medication.
- blurred vision
- cold, clammy skin
- darkened urine
- difficult or troubled breathing
- dizziness, lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or
- sitting position
- frequent, irregular, pounding or racing heartbeat or pulse
- rapid, weak pulse
- feeling of warmth
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- loss of appetite
- no blood pressure or pulse
- no breath
- pains in the stomach, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- redness (lite) of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- stopping of the heart
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- yellow eyes or skin
- disturbed color perception
- double vision
- dry mouth
- a false or unique sense of well-being
- fear or nervousness
- feel of constant movement of self or surroundings
- halos around lights
Symptoms of overdose
- Bluish lips or skin
- chest pain or discomfort
- constricted, pinpoint, or small pupils (black part of the eye)
- decreased awareness or responsiveness
- Slow or irregular heartbeat.
- Extreme sleepiness or unusual drowsiness, etc.
Note– This is an estimated list of side effects of Codeine, but it is not a complete list of side effects of this drug.